Chorus Member Expectations
- 5th-8th grade attend and perform in the Winter (January) and Spring (May) concerts. 6-8th Grade attend the SAU21/90 District Chorus Concert. Please check all concert dates for the year to avoid conflicts. If a student has an unexcused absence from the performance, they will be expected to complete the alternate assignment supplied by their music teacher. Parents must supply a note or email the teacher concerning their child's absence prior to the performance. Excused absences are defined as personal illness, funerals or religious services, professional appointments, serious personal or family crisis, or student is not in a proper physical or mental condition to attend.
- Wear all black during performances i.e. Dress pants, shirt, dress, and shoes. (please consider recycling old cloths for those in need)
- Attend every class and rehearsal (Wednesday class and Tuesday and Thursday RTI rehearsals
- Be tested on memorization & singing portions of the music weekly.
- Practice a minimum of 45min. a week outside of school using the SMS music website rehearsal tracks. Using the honor system they will fill out a practice log in class. It will count for 10% of grade. See Jupiter grades for description of grading.
- Grading: Weekly Performance tests 70%, Concert/Assignments are 20%, Practice logs are 10%.
- Be graded on singing, memorization, and an ability to be heard. A student should not join if they do not want to sing aloud! If a student cannot meet these expectations they may be moved to general music.
- Be prepared with music and a pencil for every class, rehearsal, and concert.
- Be respectful of others and follow school rules in and out of school.
- Understand that behavior could jeopardize opportunities to attend music functions.
Our chorus size and groups are determined by the number of students interested and the capacity of the classroom with other UA classes considered.